See us on WGME 13
On your mark, get set, PAINT! What you need to get started and keep your home looking fresh. Plus, how the proper prep can benefit homeowners long term.
PORTLAND (WPFO) — Whether you’re trying to sell your home, impress your neighbors or just make you home look better, painting the exterior is essential.
In this week’s Homework, we have a pro show you seven steps to a better looking house.
Jeremy Demolet of JDW Painting says prep work is 90% of the work.
Here are the steps to help you get the look you want for your home.
1. Figure out how much paint and primer you’ll need and what color you want.
2. Scrape off old peeling paint.
3. Fill in the holes and cracks with caulking
4. Make sure and make the surface smooth by sanding.
5. Prime the exterior of the house
6. Paint your house with at least two coats.
See article on WGME here LINK